Sunday, March 27, 2016

Character Style: Hermione Jean Granger

Hermione Jean Granger

Trying something new out today: Character Styles! For my first trip down this dangerous new rabbit hole of inspiration, I went with Hermione from the Harry Potter. Only fitting since I'm in the midst of my Harry Potter Book Style series. 

Hermione is whip-smart and shares my overwhelming need to impart her knowledge on the less informed. (I'm sorry, I know it comes off as being a bossy know-it-all, but we just can't help ourselves.) She's also always concerned for the welfare of innocents and less powerful magical creatures and believes in equality with a ferocity I admire. I think she would be a pretty fierce environmentalist, even if she doesn't natural gravitate towards Herbology. She's also, definitely, a bonafide #feministkilljoy!

Physically, she has a rather unruly head of brown curls that she often wears loose or restrains in a braid. For special occasions she has been known to go through the effort of straightening it out into sleek updo's. Her brown eyes are usually buried in a book; the library is one of her favorite haunts. She's more concerned with studies than fashion, so her (off-duty) wardrobe is a mix of casual basics. Comfy t-shirts, oversized sweaters and hoodies. Denim and practical footwear. When she does dress up, for the Yule Ball or Bill & Fleur's wedding, she favors shades of lilac and periwinkle and stuns in simple silhouettes and jewelry. She would, of course, always have a watch on her, can't be late after all. I've never pictured Hermione being particularly fussed about makeup, either. Natural look at most. She's definitely always got a book on her, though. 


No comments:

Post a Comment