Monday, May 29, 2017

18 Books, Foreign Covers, Witches, and Yelling | May 2017 Book Haul




I haven't done a book haul in almost two years on my blog, actually doing this cause I was asked to. Let's see if you guys like it. I snuck a few review copies in, too, cause if I'm gonna make a post like this, might as well show everything, ha. 


I haven't bought more than one physical book at once in like, two years, I live in a cave without light and am actually terrible at taking pictures of books. You'll see. Today I'll show you what I did this month... I bought everything.

I'll mention why I got it and translate the title if applicable, all books that aren't in English are in German and some books are used cause that's how I roll. HERE IT GOES


  • HALF BAD by Sally Green is a book I really didn't know much about, I just read witches and thought to myself, why not. No self control. The subtitle says "The Darkness in Me".
  • BREATHE by Sarah Crossan is by one of my favorite contemporary authors and a dystopian about a world where air is getting sparse... or something. I don't care, it's Sarah Crossan! The subtitle says "Trapped Under Glass", by the way. Drama, drama.
  • DUALED by Elsie Chapman is "You or Me" in German and it's about doppelgangers. I honestly didn't even read the blurb, I only wanted to support Elsie because I adore what she does with her social media. Super pumped that the premise is cool, too. 
  • I was told to read THE DIVINERS by Libba Bray for maybe.... 5 years? How old is this book? It's a damn brick in German, 700 pages. Honestly not looking forward to this. But I'm doing this mainly for my friends (*cough* Cat *cough*). The subtitle says "All Beginnings are Evil" and I'm scared.


  • WAKING GODS by Sylvain Neuvel is finally, finally, finally the sequel to one of my favorites of 2016, SLEEPING GIANTS. Space robots, you guys. It's super dramatically called "Giants - The Wrath of the Gods". Drama queens.
  • THREE DARK CROWNS by Kendare Blake, called "The Black Throne - The Sisters" here. Things will get confusing, isn't the sequel called ONE DARK THRONE? Yikes. Anyway. Triplets, magic(?), high fantasy. Already read it and absolutely hated this one.
  • SUFFER LOVE by Ashley Herring Blake, called "Love is Like Flying a Kite" and yet again, I didn't read the blurb. You guys know I loved HOW TO MAKE A WISH for the biracial rep and so I decided to support the author some more and also get a wonderfully pretty book while doing so. Win: win.
  • THE CIRCLE by Sara B. Elfgren & Mats Strandsberg- I was told there would be bisexual witches. The title says the same thing, it's just called "Circle".



  • BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE DEEP BLUE SEA by April Genevieve Tucholke. Oh my god that title is so long. It's "Don't Fear the Deep Dark Sea" in German . Well, I think our title is actually be shorter for once, haha. I don't know what it's about, I adore her writing, so I threw this one in.
  • SUPER SAD TRUE LOVE STORY by Gary Shteyngard. I bought this one after watching the Black Mirror episode Nosedive and getting totally obsessed with social media-related books, this is supposed to be similar. Social media. Conspiracies. Something.
  • ACROSS THE UNIVERSE by Beth Revis. I've been meaning to read this for ages. Basically the movie Passenger minus the creep factor, I think. We shall see. You guys know I love space books.
  • The subtitle for HEX HALL by Rachel Hawkins reads "Wild Magic", for what reason ever. Again, witches. I'm starting to notice a theme, oh my. Didn't mean to intentionally buy witch books, hahaha.


  • DREAMOLOGY by Lucy Keating, called "Two in One Dream" here, no clue what they were going for with this title, I do love the cover. I already read this and it's about a girl meeting the boy she's been dating in her dreams. 
  • THE SEAFARER'S KISS by Julia Ember- OKAY I HAVE A GOOD EXCUSE FOR PUTTING THIS HERE. I actually bought like 4 copies of it for my friends' birthdays (who are all inexplicably in summer, what's that about), so this totally counts. Bisexual mermaids, you know the drill, this is one of my favorite books ever.
  • I got THE CIRCLE by Dave Eggers together with SUPER SAD TRUE LOVE STORY, literally same reason. Already read this and really disliked it, it's about some weird social media company and strange conspiracies, just weird. There's a movie incoming, I heard. 
  • GIRL ON THE TRAIN by Paula Hawkins. I was feeling like some adult thriller reading, so I threw this in. I don't know anything about this, haven't seen the movie. I assume it's about girls and trains, haha.



  • BEFORE I DIE by Jenny Downham, the title is the same here. I remember a friend really liking this, it's about a girl checking off a bucketlist before they die of a terminal illness, I think. We shall see.
  • The revenge of my L.J. Smith obsession. I honestly don't have a single idea what these are about, they're two 3-book omnibuses (what's the plural of omnibus, is this right?) and yeah, no clue. I think NIGHT WORLD has vampires and DARK VISIONS has witches? 


Have you read any of these? Also, do you want me to keep doing these book haul things whenever or are your eyes bleeding from my bad pictures?


No comments:

Post a Comment