Friday, July 14, 2017

Best Books, Sequels, Releases, Most Anticipated, EVERYTHING about My 2017 Reads | Mid-Year Book Freakout TAG

I saw this over on AJ's blog and liked it so much that I decided to do it as well! I'm definitely having a mid-year book freakout at the moment because I've barely read 50 books this year so far! 

All time low! Don't know what's happening. I gotta catch up.

#1. Best book read this year
This is very hard to say, I guess THE WOMEN IN THE WALLS by Amy Lukavics. I loved this so much that I can't stop talking about it!

#2. Best sequel this year
You guys probably know I don't do sequels, I've actually only read one so far this year and wasn't very impressed with it, WAKING GODS by Sylvain Neuvel. Ancient space robots though, yeahhhh

#3. New release I haven't read yet, but want to
DEAR MARTIN by Nic Stone. I am working on it! I'm waiting for the perfect time because this book will break my heart and I want to give it the fairest shot possible. Can't afford to not love this!

#4. Most anticipated release for second half of year
WICKED LIKE A WILDFIRE by Lana Popovic. *eye emoji* I'm waiting. I love witchy books.

#5. Biggest disappointment
ACROSS THE UNIVERSE by Beth Revis. What happened there? I love space and I was really looking forward to loving this, but I really, really did not.

#6. Biggest Surprise
THE HOLLOW GIRL by Hillary Monahan. I am so impressed with this book. It really shouldn't have suprised me that I ended up loving this to be honest because I have such a long history of adoring witchy books, haha.

#7. Favorite new author (Debut or new to me)
Thea de Salle! I'm neckdeep in her NOLA nights series and I need more people to talk about this with, I'm dying here! If you love intersectional romance, pleaseeeeeeee


#8. Newest fictional crush
Sol DuMont from THE KING OF BOURBON STREET by Thea de Salle. Duh. My flamboyant bisexual boyfriend is everything.

#9. Newest favorite character
*looks to the floor* Sol DuMont...

#10. Book that made me cry
Mh, I don't think there was one. Still waiting on a tear-jerker.

#11. Book that made me happy
HOW TO MAKE A WISH by Ashley Herring Blake. Love me some black biracial bisexual representation.

#12. Favorite book to film adaptation
I HAVEN'T SEEN A SINGLE ONE THIS YEAR! At least none of a book that I actually read. I'm terrible at this tag.

#13. Favorite post I've done this year
I've had the honor of hosting a Q&A with an author I admire, Hannah Moskowitz, after lovingggggg her Deaf bisexual romance WILD.

#14. Most beautiful book I've bought or received this year


  • Physically? The German edition of LAST SEEN by Lucy Clarke is the prettiest book I've ever seen. 
  • Content-wise? HOW TO MAKE A WISH by Ashley Herring Blake

#15. Book I need to read by end of the year
More like bookS.
  • TASH HEARTS TOLSTOY by Kathryn Ormsbee
  • THE LADY OF ROYALE STREET by Thea de Salle
  • THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN by Paula Hawkins
  • THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY by Douglas Adams
  • THE DIVINERS by Libba Bray
  • DARK VISIONS by L.J. Smith
... so many and that's only like the top six. I'm working on it.

If you decide to do the tag, please link it in the comments so I can stop by and read!



Connect with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment