Friday, June 30, 2017

Why You Need To Do More Book Tags | Book Blogging Tips (#62)

Book Tags honest to God saved my blog. They are such an underrated, easy way to add more content to your blog and boost your views and I'm honestly shocked that people don't do these more often. 

So here are all the reasons why I think you should do more Tags!





What's a Book Tag? 
A post that you make based on typically around 10-20 questions related to books. At the end of it you're supposed to tag people that you want to answer those questions, too. Hence the name.


#6: People LOVE them
When I did my first book tag, the amount of views genuinely shocked me. People love reading tags, I love reading tags. Whenever I see a tag in a post by one of my favorite blogs, I click and look immediately. Chances are, your readers will love them just as much as I and mine do.

#5: They add versatility to your blog
If you struggle with always having the same types of posts on your blog, tags are such a great way to bring some new content to your blog. Don't overdo it though, don't post a couple tags in a row, it can easily desensitize your readers to them and make the novelty wear out. Throw in some tags every now and then and make them a special treat!

#4: Minimal effort!
Because the tag questions are premade and preprovided by someone else, all you need to do is answer them. Tag posts are so quickly and easily written that you can cram them in last minute and still get a fabulous post that seems neither lazy nor quickly-written.

#3: They're fun!
Who doesn't love answering questions about themselves? If you haven't been enjoying blogging as much lately, they're guaranteed to bring some versatility into your routine and also make it fun for your readers. Two birds with one stone!

#2: When you're in a blogging slump-
-there's nothing better than spicing it all up by making a book tag post. Because it's so easy and quickly made, you're probably more likely to type up one of these than a lengthy discussion post. I've often had periods during my blogging career when I didn't feel like making any posts aside from reviews at all.
I still kept collecting nice tag post links to come back to them later and it did rekindle my love for blogging a couple of times. The ultimate blogging remedy.

#1: Easy way to add personality.
I'm one of those people that struggle with personal posts and not really enjoy making them in the first place. If you want to get to know your readers and them to get to know you, what easier way to do this than to publish a book tag? Most of the time the questions are a mixture between shining light on your reading habits and your personality and that's just such a clever way to make your blog a little more you.



What do you think about book tags? Do you do them?

No comments:

Post a Comment